Politics or Not, Bronx Warmly Receives Venezuelan Heating Oil:
"Chavez's gift, which arrived on Tuesday and is being distributed this week, may be nothing more than a chance to tweak the nose of the Bush administration, which has long opposed the South American leader. But few residents in the South Bronx, where 41 percent live on incomes below the federal poverty line, are inclined to worry about international politics."
I'm glad the oil is getting to the people who need it. At least that went right here. I was half expecting FEMA to jump in and confiscate the oil for some half-assed reason or another.
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
12/04 - 12/11
- So Much For An Improving Economy
- The Plot Thickens
- Nobody heard the B-word except the air marshalls
- Torture Victims Say Whatever You Want Them To
- Coulter admits to being stupid
- A Gift From Afar
- Everybody Knows They Do It Au Naturel
- First GM, Now Ford: another 30,000 high-paying job...
- Okay, NOW we don't do torture
- Torturers R Us
- ▼ 12/04 - 12/11 (10)
- ► 2003 (7)