Prime Minister Tony Blair’s official spokesman said he was unsure when Blair had last used the phrase.In other words, America needs to get back to being a beacon of hope rather than a bludgeon of despair.
“We all use our own phraseology, and we talk about terrorism, we talk about the fight against terrorism, but we also talk about trying to find political solutions to political problems,” he said on condition of anonymity, in line with government policy.
According to the advance text, Benn urged Americans to use the “soft power” of values and ideas as well as military strength to defeat extremism.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
U.K. ends use of phrase 'war on terror' - Europe - MSNBC.com:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
04/15 - 04/22
- Finally Some More Action On Abramoff Scandals
- The Iraq Money Trail
- No More "War On Terror" For The Brits
- Ethanol Is Not The Cure
- DOJ Employees Send Anonymous Letter to Congression...
- The Violence In Iraq Continues To Build
- Secretary of State Rice may face subpoena threat W...
- Leaving No Reason To Believe Anything The Man Says
- You Bet Your Ass They Can Find Them!
- Obama Ascendant
- Why Insurgency Is Unbeatable
- Make Me!
- ▼ 04/15 - 04/22 (13)
- ► 2006 (690)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)