Noting that energy companies are posting record profits, the president called on them to invest more in additional refinery capacity and alternative energy sources. He also said some tax breaks enjoyed by the industry should be curtailed.Only $2 billion over 10 years? That's chump change for the oil companies. And just asking the oil companies to add capacity isn't going to make them do it. They manufactured this current situation in the first place by cutting capacity and reserves.
'I'm looking forward to Congress to take about $2 billion of those tax breaks out of the budget over a 10-year period of time,' he said.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Bush to Halt Deposits to Oil Reserve - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/23 - 04/30
- European Inquiry Says C.I.A. Flew 1,000 Flights in...
- How Conveeeeenient
- The Lobbyist Empowerment Act - New York Times
- Bush Picks Fox Commentator as Spokesman - New York...
- Rove Testifies Again in C.I.A. Leak Case - New Yor...
- Do As I Say, Not As I Do
- Congress Fails To Police Itself
- Iraq Civil War -- Part Deux
- Weakened Lobbying Bill Heads to House Vote
- My Way News - Bush Eases Environmental Rules on Ga...
- New Low!
- Bush Spouts Off About Oil
- Rebuilding of Iraqi Pipeline as Disaster Waiting t...
- Iran Says It Is Ready to Share Nuclear Technology ...
- ▼ 04/23 - 04/30 (14)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)