WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush on Tuesday ordered a temporary suspension of environmental rules for gasoline, making it easier for refiners to meet demand and possibly dampen prices at the pump. He also halted for the summer the purchase of crude oil for the government's emergency reserve.And watch him leave that first part about environment rules in place after he starts buying the reserves again. There isn't an environmental protection BushCo wouldn't "ease" out of existence.
Easing the environment rules will allow refiners greater flexibility in providing oil supplies since they will not have to use certain additives such as ethanol to meet clean air standards. The suspension of oil purchases for the federal emergency oil reserve is likely to have only modest impact since relative little extra oil will be involved.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
My Way News - Bush Eases Environmental Rules on Gasoline:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/23 - 04/30
- European Inquiry Says C.I.A. Flew 1,000 Flights in...
- How Conveeeeenient
- The Lobbyist Empowerment Act - New York Times
- Bush Picks Fox Commentator as Spokesman - New York...
- Rove Testifies Again in C.I.A. Leak Case - New Yor...
- Do As I Say, Not As I Do
- Congress Fails To Police Itself
- Iraq Civil War -- Part Deux
- Weakened Lobbying Bill Heads to House Vote
- My Way News - Bush Eases Environmental Rules on Ga...
- New Low!
- Bush Spouts Off About Oil
- Rebuilding of Iraqi Pipeline as Disaster Waiting t...
- Iran Says It Is Ready to Share Nuclear Technology ...
- ▼ 04/23 - 04/30 (14)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)