The rising GOP angst stems from Bush's deep slump in the polls and the growing unpopularity of the Iraq war.What's that line about rats leaving a sinking ship? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks. Let's hope the strategy doesn't work for them, and people remember what they did over the last five years.
But it also reflects a political reawakening as Republicans follow their own political interests in this midterm election year and as would-be 2008 presidential contenders seek ways to set themselves apart - from each other and from Bush.
'It's open season on him. George Bush has lost trust on too many issues,' said presidential historian Thomas E. Cronin of Colorado College. 'We saw it happen with Johnson, we saw it with Nixon. And now, sadly, we're seeing it with Bush.'
Monday, April 03, 2006
My Way News - Republicans Increasingly Critical of Bush:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/02 - 04/09
- Bush OK'd Leaks?
- Keeping Score
- Firedoglake weblog » GOP Ethics
- More Saber Rattling
- Are Nuclear Plants Safe Enough?, Report: Since 9/1...
- Soon To Be Without Delay
- Think It Can't/Doesn't Happen Here?
- Firedoglake weblog » Revitalization by Crony. Or Not.
- Supreme Court Rejects War Powers Case - CBS News
- Sectarian Strife Fuels Gun Sales in Baghdad - New ...
- Republicans Increasingly Critical of Bush
- ▼ 04/02 - 04/09 (11)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)