Dems. Say Arrest Of White House Budget Official Demonstrates Need For Independent Katrina Investigation… | The Huffington Post: "Dems. Say Arrest Of White House Budget Official Demonstrates Need For Independent Katrina Investigation…
New York Times | Philip Shenon, Anne E. Kornblut | Posted September 21, 2005 05:20 PM
Congressional Democrats said on Tuesday that the arrest of a former senior White House budget official involved in organizing the federal response to Hurricane Katrina demonstrated the need for an independent investigation of the government's reaction to the disaster, especially since the official is married to a leading Republican Congressional aide.
The official, David H. Safavian, 38, a lawyer who was chief of procurement policy in the Office of Management and Budget until he resigned on Friday, was arrested Monday on charges of lying to federal investigators about his relationship with Jack Abramoff, a Washington lobbyist at the center of a corruption investigation at the Justice Department."
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
09/18 - 09/25
- Outsourcing Incompetence?
- They Have Hurricanes Here?
- Blogging Rocks The News
- Big State, Big Problems, No Exit
- Bushies Score Hat Trick; Film At Eleven.
- The Other Side Of The Pond
- No way out: Many poor stuck in Houston
- Fire on Bus Carrying Evacuees Kills 24 - Yahoo! News
- Rita expected to flood Port Arthur - Yahoo! News
- Rita breaches levee in N. Orleans: official - Yaho...
- NOLA.com: National Doppler Image
- The Plot Sickens
- A New Deadly, Contagious Dog Flu Virus Is Detected...
- Well, Duh!
- So Glad Combat Ops Are "Over"
- Is This What We're Fighting To Protect?
- It's About Time!
- Albany, N.Y.: Timesunion.com - Print Story
- It's Good To Have Friends In High Places
- ▼ 09/18 - 09/25 (19)
- ► 2003 (7)