The group, Concerned Foreign Service Officers, was created to expose increasing abuse of the security clearance process by the State Department's Diplomatic Security Service (DS) to circumvent Federal labor laws and established personnel practices. The group asserts that the State Department is increasingly misusing a poorly managed and regulated security clearance process to circumvent federal personnel regulations, to bypass EEO laws, and to punish dissenters within the agency.Condo must have missed the memo. Shame, shame!
The group has also documented improper and coercive interview techniques, fraudulent statements in investigative reports, suppression or destruction of evidence, improper seizure of personal property, misapplication of security regulations and numerous other improprieties in DSS cases.
The State Department's own Inspector General has criticized DS investigations, noting that 69 percent of the investigations performed by DS do not meet federal standards and urging DS to develop better investigative procedures. Concerned Foreign Service Officers believes that these abuses undermine the integrity of the security clearance process and damage national security.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Foreign Service Officers File Complaint with GAO; Allege Criminal Actions by Diplomatic Security Service, Office of Medical Services - Yahoo! News
Foreign Service Officers File Complaint with GAO; Allege Criminal Actions by Diplomatic Security Service, Office of Medical Services - Yahoo! News:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/13 - 11/20
- Your Government At Work (Big Brother Over-protects...
- A New Record For Atlantic Storms
- Color My Blog
- Newsday.com: Iraqi guards seen as death squads
- Let Them Be Sick And Stupid -- NOT
- Scrooge Recants At FEMA
- The Race Is On
- Finally Getting Serious At The Pentagon?
- Woody Opens New Hole In White House
- What The Hell!?
- The Good Murtha
- WSJ.com - Bush's Approval Rating Falls Again, Poll...
- MyDD :: Democratic Independence Grows
- Is Woody Lying, Too?
- Is That A Lighter In Your Pocket?
- Blunt Not Too Sharp
- Teaching American Business Practices To The Iraqis
- CNN.com - U.S. air cargo still vulnerable to terro...
- Foreign Service Officers File Complaint with GAO; ...
- I Couldn't Keep Up
- Report Says Ex-Chief of Public TV Violated Federal...
- Americans Realizing "You Get What You Pay For?"
- Shakespeare's Sister On Corrupt Elections
- THE BRAD BLOG: "The Staggeringly Impossible Result...
- The New York Review of Books: The End of News?
- firedoglake: Did Rover Roll Over?
- The Biggest Threat Goes Undefended
- What We "Don't Do" Can Kill You
- Asterisks Dot White House's Iraq Argument -- WaPo
- JMM Takes Apart Mehlman Spew
- ▼ 11/13 - 11/20 (31)
- ► 2003 (7)