After Fitzgerald was tipped by Woodward's source that they had discussed Plame in June 2003, Woodward met with the prosecutor and on Monday recounted their conversation. His account, but not the source's name, was reported in Tuesday editions of the Washington Post, renewing speculation about who leaked Plame's name and how high in the administration his source resides.
'The Libby case was always going to cause heartburn for the White House,' said Washington defense lawyer E. Lawrence Barcella Jr., a former federal prosecutor. 'But not like this.'
Also on Thursday, 16 former intelligence officers released a letter they wrote to Bush early in the week asking for a pledge to not pardon anyone involved in the leak and to pull security clearances of anyone at the White House who spoke to reporters about the CIA status of Wilson's wife.
One of the letter's authors, former CIA analyst Larry Johnson, said the pledge on security clearances 'definitely ... would apply to Woodward's source.'
Johnson noted that Bush ordered everyone in the administration to cooperate with Fitzgerald nearly two years ago. 'Clearly, there's someone at a senior level who hasn't fully cooperated,' he said.
Friday, November 18, 2005
My Way News:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/13 - 11/20
- Your Government At Work (Big Brother Over-protects...
- A New Record For Atlantic Storms
- Color My Blog
- Newsday.com: Iraqi guards seen as death squads
- Let Them Be Sick And Stupid -- NOT
- Scrooge Recants At FEMA
- The Race Is On
- Finally Getting Serious At The Pentagon?
- Woody Opens New Hole In White House
- What The Hell!?
- The Good Murtha
- WSJ.com - Bush's Approval Rating Falls Again, Poll...
- MyDD :: Democratic Independence Grows
- Is Woody Lying, Too?
- Is That A Lighter In Your Pocket?
- Blunt Not Too Sharp
- Teaching American Business Practices To The Iraqis
- CNN.com - U.S. air cargo still vulnerable to terro...
- Foreign Service Officers File Complaint with GAO; ...
- I Couldn't Keep Up
- Report Says Ex-Chief of Public TV Violated Federal...
- Americans Realizing "You Get What You Pay For?"
- Shakespeare's Sister On Corrupt Elections
- THE BRAD BLOG: "The Staggeringly Impossible Result...
- The New York Review of Books: The End of News?
- firedoglake: Did Rover Roll Over?
- The Biggest Threat Goes Undefended
- What We "Don't Do" Can Kill You
- Asterisks Dot White House's Iraq Argument -- WaPo
- JMM Takes Apart Mehlman Spew
- ▼ 11/13 - 11/20 (31)
- ► 2003 (7)