Mr. Bush, talking to reporters at the conclusion of a Cabinet meeting earlier Thursday, said that 'people don't need to worry about security.'Yes, but the British haven't been a threat to our national security since 1776. And unlike Saddam Hussein and Iraq, the UAE actually DID have connections with the suicide hijackers of 9/11. I have nothing against Arab people in general, but I have a lot of misgivings when it comes to the country named UAE.
Mr. Bush said he was struck by the fact that people were not concerned about port security when a British company was running the port operation, but they felt differently about an Arab company at the helm.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
CBS News | Bush, Congress Tangle Over Port Deal | February 23, 2006 15:25:05:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/19 - 02/26
- Smells Like A Duck
- Meanwhile, In That Other Arabian Nation...
- IRS Finds Charities Overstep Into Politics
- Bush Ties to the UAE
- CBS News | Bush, Congress Tangle Over Port Deal | ...
- Shakespeare's Sister Points Out The Obvious
- Dog Ate My Homework, Part Deux
- Yeah, And The Dog Ate My Homework
- Told Ya' So!
- CBS News | High Court Jumps Into Abortion Debate |...
- ▼ 02/19 - 02/26 (10)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)