WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist called Tuesday for the Bush administration to stop a deal permitting a United Arab Emirates company to take over six major U.S. seaports, upping the ante on a fight that several congressmen, governors and mayors are waging with the White House.Even Catkiller can't stomach this one. What were they thinking?
'The decision to finalize this deal should be put on hold until the administration conducts a more extensive review of this matter,' said Frist. 'If the administration cannot delay this process, I plan on introducing legislation to ensure that the deal is placed on hold until this decision gets a more thorough review.'
In the uneasy climate after the Sept 11 terrorist attacks, the Bush administration decision to allow the transaction is threatening to develop a major political headache for the White House.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
My Way News:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/19 - 02/26
- Smells Like A Duck
- Meanwhile, In That Other Arabian Nation...
- IRS Finds Charities Overstep Into Politics
- Bush Ties to the UAE
- CBS News | Bush, Congress Tangle Over Port Deal | ...
- Shakespeare's Sister Points Out The Obvious
- Dog Ate My Homework, Part Deux
- Yeah, And The Dog Ate My Homework
- Told Ya' So!
- CBS News | High Court Jumps Into Abortion Debate |...
- ▼ 02/19 - 02/26 (10)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)