My Way News:
"BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's defense minister warned on Saturday of a 'civil war' that 'will never end' and said he was ready to put tanks on the streets as sectarian violence flared despite a second day of curfew in Baghdad."
The government won't admit it, but this was an inevitable outcome of the invasion and deposition of Saddam. Like Eastern Europe when the Soviet Union fell, ethnic and sectarian tensions have emerged and reached flashpoint. Only in this case, our troops are stuck right in the middle of it all. Bush and Cheney should be impeached for getting us into this mess for no good reason. We should be asking the U.N. for assistance and making plans to get out as soon as possible. Oh, well.
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/19 - 02/26
- Smells Like A Duck
- Meanwhile, In That Other Arabian Nation...
- IRS Finds Charities Overstep Into Politics
- Bush Ties to the UAE
- CBS News | Bush, Congress Tangle Over Port Deal | ...
- Shakespeare's Sister Points Out The Obvious
- Dog Ate My Homework, Part Deux
- Yeah, And The Dog Ate My Homework
- Told Ya' So!
- CBS News | High Court Jumps Into Abortion Debate |...
- ▼ 02/19 - 02/26 (10)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)