It’s been reported and, more recently, confirmed by former head of the CIA’s Osama bin Laden unit, that the White House squashed several Pentagon plans to hit al-Zarquari’s terrorist camp in 2002.And why did BushCo pass on getting Zarqawi? Because a successful strike would have weakened their contention that Iraq was "connected" to the events of 9/11 and alQaeda. It was a matter of priorities, you see, and oil is the top priority, not the safety of U.S. citizens.
In the more recent story, which will be aired on ABC's Four Corners tonight, former US spy Mike Scheuer, says that in spite of providing the WH with 'detailed intelligence', include 'overhead imagery of the house he [al-Zarqawi] was staying in', the WH elected not to initiate an air strike against al-Zaqawi, who has since twice been sentenced to death in absentia by Jordan's state security court.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Democrats & Liberals:: Bush Bungle Lengthens the "Long War":
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/30 - 05/07
- Fallout From A Falling Dollar, Currency's Decline ...
- Libby Denied Access To CIA Leak Data, Federal Judg...
- Stung by Election Losses, Blair Reshuffles Cabinet...
- Cheney Urges Energy Export Routes That Bypass Russ...
- Another One Leaves
- Digby Sums It Up
- Think Progress » What Iraqis Think: Mission Botche...
- Bush Bungle Lengthens the "Long War"
- America's Trend to Theocracy
- To Be Honest, Uh, We Might Be Lying
- ▼ 04/30 - 05/07 (11)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)