(AP) A federal judge refused on Friday to give I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby access to a wide range of information from several government agencies, saying he would not allow the former White House aide's trial in the CIA leak case to become a debate over the war in Iraq.That's right. Save the legitimacy issue for the impeachment hearings. As far as Libby's case is concerned, a lie is a lie, and that's the truth.
'You want to try the legitimacy of us going to war,' U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton told lawyers for Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff. 'I don't see how that will help us determine whether Mr. Libby lied when he talked to the FBI and went before the grand jury.'
Friday, May 05, 2006
Libby Denied Access To CIA Leak Data, Federal Judge Does Not Want Case To Become An Iraq War Debate - CBS News
Libby Denied Access To CIA Leak Data, Federal Judge Does Not Want Case To Become An Iraq War Debate - CBS News:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/30 - 05/07
- Fallout From A Falling Dollar, Currency's Decline ...
- Libby Denied Access To CIA Leak Data, Federal Judg...
- Stung by Election Losses, Blair Reshuffles Cabinet...
- Cheney Urges Energy Export Routes That Bypass Russ...
- Another One Leaves
- Digby Sums It Up
- Think Progress » What Iraqis Think: Mission Botche...
- Bush Bungle Lengthens the "Long War"
- America's Trend to Theocracy
- To Be Honest, Uh, We Might Be Lying
- ▼ 04/30 - 05/07 (11)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)