'This administration does not like regulation, this administration does not like spending money, and it has a hostility toward government. The poisonous result is that a program like the FDA is going to suffer at every turn of the road,' said Rep. John D. Dingell (D-Mich.), chairman of the full House committee. Dingell is considering introducing legislation to boost the agency's accountability, regulatory authority and budget."What? You won't comply? Oh, okay, nevermind." WTF?!
In the peanut butter case, an agency report shows that FDA inspectors checked into complaints about salmonella contamination in a ConAgra Foods factory in Georgia in 2005. But when company managers refused to provide documents the inspectors requested, the inspectors left and did not follow up.
Monday, April 23, 2007
FDA Was Aware of Dangers To Food - washingtonpost.com:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
04/22 - 04/29
- What?! A Positive Review For Dem Candidates?
- The Colonels Don't Agree With The Generals
- Tenet Spills And Chills
- BushCo Breaks The 30% Barrier
- Senate Passes Iraq War Bill Requiring Pullout - Ne...
- Start Remembering, Gonzo!
- Put It On The Table!
- Donald Rumsfeld Profits From Bird Flu Scare and Bu...
- Kucinich's Articles of Impeachment of Cheney now a...
- Condi Rice subpoenaed tomorrow?
- Why BushCo Sucks, Reason 5,993
- Do It!
- Oh, Yes!
- FDA Was Aware of Dangers To Food - washingtonpost.com
- Yeah, Right
- ▼ 04/22 - 04/29 (15)
- ► 2006 (690)
- ► 2005 (384)
- ► 2003 (7)