Since George W. Bush became president, OSHA has issued the fewest significant standards in its history, public health experts say. It has imposed only one major safety rule. The only significant health standard it issued was ordered by a federal court.If you've found yourself wondering why your life keeps getting worse in so many ways, perhaps one of the (primary) reasons is the administration's disregard for the people and the government that is supposed to represent and defend them. Just a thought.
The agency has killed dozens of existing and proposed regulations and delayed adopting others. For example, OSHA has repeatedly identified silica dust, which can cause lung cancer, and construction site noise as health hazards that warrant new safeguards for nearly three million workers, but it has yet to require them.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
OSHA Leaves Worker Safety in Hands of Industry - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
04/22 - 04/29
- What?! A Positive Review For Dem Candidates?
- The Colonels Don't Agree With The Generals
- Tenet Spills And Chills
- BushCo Breaks The 30% Barrier
- Senate Passes Iraq War Bill Requiring Pullout - Ne...
- Start Remembering, Gonzo!
- Put It On The Table!
- Donald Rumsfeld Profits From Bird Flu Scare and Bu...
- Kucinich's Articles of Impeachment of Cheney now a...
- Condi Rice subpoenaed tomorrow?
- Why BushCo Sucks, Reason 5,993
- Do It!
- Oh, Yes!
- FDA Was Aware of Dangers To Food - washingtonpost.com
- Yeah, Right
- ▼ 04/22 - 04/29 (15)
- ► 2006 (690)
- ► 2005 (384)
- ► 2003 (7)