TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's hard-line president lashed out with a new outburst at Israel on Wednesday, calling the Nazi Holocaust a ''myth'' used as a pretext for carving out a Jewish state in the heart of the Muslim world.Does this guy know he's playing into the hands of the chicken hawks? Do the words "death wish" ring a bell?
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments drew quick condemnations from Israel, the United States and Europe, which warned he is hurting Iran's position in talks aimed at resolving suspicions about his regime's nuclear program.
The White House said his remarks showed why Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons. Germany, one of three European Union countries leading the nuclear talks, called his statements ''shocking and unacceptable.''
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Iranian Leader Escalates Anti-Israeli Rhetoric - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
12/11 - 12/18
- And The Good News...
- 1984 Redux
- Political Wire: Official Says Voting Machines Can ...
- Bob Novak Says President Knows Leak Source
- In The Ownership Society, There Are The Disowned
- Iranian Leader Escalates Anti-Israeli Rhetoric - N...
- CBS News | Gov't Loses Patriot Act Decision | Sept...
- CBS News | House Votes To Renew Patriot Act | Dece...
- CBS News | Bush's War On The Press | November 18, ...
- No Separation Of Mosque And State For Iraq
- Canada PM Won't Kowtow To Washington
- Dupont Settles With EPA Over Teflon Chemical
- Once Upon a Time...: Hate Sex, and Watch People Su...
- Sen. Dorgan Plays It Straight
- Ronnie Earle Connects The Dots
- Political Wire: Bush Approval Fades Again
- The Next Retirement Time Bomb - New York Times
- Let's Hope This Helps
- U.S. Envoy Says Detainee Abuse Was Worse Than Desc...
- Iraq Learning The American Way
- ▼ 12/11 - 12/18 (20)
- ► 2003 (7)