The Interior Ministry is run by Bayan Jabr, a member of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, a leading religious Shiite party that has an Iranian-trained armed wing called the Badr Organization. Many Iraqi officials have said the ministry has recruited heavily from Badr and other Shiite militias, and there is growing evidence that such forces are abducting, torturing and killing Sunni Arabs.Hmmmm. Bigotry, hatred, fundamentalism, election gerrymandering...yep, looks like they're learning everything we can teach them.
With just four days to go until the parliamentary elections, the Iraqi electoral commission said Sunday that it had found irregularities in voter registration in the volatile northern city of Kirkuk.
The discovery was the first election irregularity announced by the commission as the country prepares for the vote on Thursday.
The commission said experts conducting an audit of voter lists had found an unexpected surge in voter registration in the area. When the experts scrutinized the registration forms, the commission said in a written statement, they found that many had been filled out incorrectly. Some had missing signatures and others had more than one signature. In some cases, the same name appeared on several forms.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Iraq Prison Raid Finds a New Case of Mistreatment - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
12/11 - 12/18
- And The Good News...
- 1984 Redux
- Political Wire: Official Says Voting Machines Can ...
- Bob Novak Says President Knows Leak Source
- In The Ownership Society, There Are The Disowned
- Iranian Leader Escalates Anti-Israeli Rhetoric - N...
- CBS News | Gov't Loses Patriot Act Decision | Sept...
- CBS News | House Votes To Renew Patriot Act | Dece...
- CBS News | Bush's War On The Press | November 18, ...
- No Separation Of Mosque And State For Iraq
- Canada PM Won't Kowtow To Washington
- Dupont Settles With EPA Over Teflon Chemical
- Once Upon a Time...: Hate Sex, and Watch People Su...
- Sen. Dorgan Plays It Straight
- Ronnie Earle Connects The Dots
- Political Wire: Bush Approval Fades Again
- The Next Retirement Time Bomb - New York Times
- Let's Hope This Helps
- U.S. Envoy Says Detainee Abuse Was Worse Than Desc...
- Iraq Learning The American Way
- ▼ 12/11 - 12/18 (20)
- ► 2003 (7)