WASHINGTON (AP) - Lawmakers have issued a subpoena seeking Pentagon information on a soldier who says he suffered retaliation for reporting abuses at Abu Ghraib prison.At least a few vertebrae, anyway.
The subpoena, issued Friday, was necessary because lawmakers got no response from a March 7 letter to Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld requesting the information, according to a statement from Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn., chairman of the panel's national security subcommittee.
Friday, July 07, 2006
My Way News - House Wants Abu Ghraib Whistleblower Info:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/02 - 07/09
- Times' Editor Agrees With Cosmogenium
- Gun Lobby Pulls House's String
- Gun Lobby Controls House
- Save The Voting Rights Act!
- Feeling Safer? You're Delusional!
- Economists Disagree With Bush
- Lamont Wins Debate With Turncoat Joe
- You Mean It Isn't Because Of Too Many Trees?
- Another Bush Ally Indicted
- House Finds Some Backbone
- On A Brighter Note...
- N.Y. Court Displays Homophobia
- The Experts Concur
- Uh, Wow
- And If That Wasn't Enough...
- We Are Losing The War On Terrorism
- The Brits Get It
- ▼ 07/02 - 07/09 (17)
- ► 2005 (384)
- ► 2003 (7)