President Bush told the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case that he directed Vice President Cheney to personally lead an effort to counter allegations made by former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson that his administration had misrepresented intelligence information to make the case to go to war with Iraq, according to people familiar with the president’s statement.Holy crap! If this is accurate, my non-lawyerly guess is that GWB has a lot of explaining to do if he hopes to finish his term and stay out of jail. This story is going to be hard to sweep under any size rug!
Bush also told federal prosecutors during his June 24, 2004 interview in the Oval Office that he had directed Cheney, as part of that broader effort, to disclose highly classified intelligence information that would not only defend his administration, but also discredit Wilson, the sources said.
Monday, July 03, 2006
Crooks and Liars » Bush told Cheney to go after Joseph Wilson:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
07/02 - 07/09
- Times' Editor Agrees With Cosmogenium
- Gun Lobby Pulls House's String
- Gun Lobby Controls House
- Save The Voting Rights Act!
- Feeling Safer? You're Delusional!
- Economists Disagree With Bush
- Lamont Wins Debate With Turncoat Joe
- You Mean It Isn't Because Of Too Many Trees?
- Another Bush Ally Indicted
- House Finds Some Backbone
- On A Brighter Note...
- N.Y. Court Displays Homophobia
- The Experts Concur
- Uh, Wow
- And If That Wasn't Enough...
- We Are Losing The War On Terrorism
- The Brits Get It
- ▼ 07/02 - 07/09 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)