Comey's disclosures, made in response to written questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee, indicate that Cheney and his aides were more closely involved than previously known in a fierce internal battle over the legality of the warrantless surveillance program. The program allowed the National Security Agency to monitor phone calls and e-mails between the United States and overseas.Where does the big Dick get off telling the Justice Department what is or is not legal? No wonder this country is sinking into despotism. Look who's giving the orders!
Comey said that Cheney's office later blocked the promotion of a senior Justice Department lawyer, Patrick Philbin, because of his role in raising concerns about the surveillance.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Official: Cheney Urged Wiretaps - washingtonpost.com:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
06/03 - 06/10
- Olbermann: Latest J.F.K. Terror Plot *DEBUNKED!*
- Yet Another Crony Resigns
- Steeplejacking -- How the Christian Right is Hijac...
- A Torturer Repents?
- Gonzales no-confidence vote set for Monday
- Impeachment on a Roll
- Another Bush Crony Won't Give Up His Post
- Cheney's Law
- Godless in Union Square
- Another Woman Journalist Killed In Afghanistan
- Yeah, We'll Get Back To You On That
- What About The Rule Of Law?
- Pakistan Arrests Hundreds From Opposition Parties
- Bush's Libby Dilemma
- Jefferson Steps Down
- No Kidding?
- Nancy, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do!
- Scooter Going To Jail
- Go F**k Yourself, Dick!
- Mushareff Cracks Down On Media In Pakistan
- I Love Vermont!
- Reasons We Are In Iraq
- U.S. Cutting Back On Climate Monitoring
- Was JFK Plot Another Overblown Distraction?
- Pray the Gay Away
- U.S. - India Nuke Deal Talks Breakdown
- ▼ 06/03 - 06/10 (26)
- ► 2006 (690)
- ► 2005 (384)
- ► 2003 (7)