(H)e recommended advancing the administration's ultimate case against Roe by defending state regulations requiring doctors to provide women seeking abortions with information about fetal development, the risks and 'unforeseeable detrimental effects' of the procedure and the availability of adoption services or paternal child support.Sorry, Ladies, as far as Alito is concerned, your just collateral damage statistics in the war for uterine supremacy. Think that's why he was selected?
Although the information might cause 'emotional distress, anxiety, guilt and in some cases physical pain' to the women, Judge Alito wrote, such results 'are part of the responsibility of moral choice,' comparable to the feelings of 'a legislator voting on abortion legislation, a judge or juror pronouncing a sentence of death or imprisonment,' or 'a military officer commanding a mission he knows will cost lives.'
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Alito File Shows Strategy to Curb Abortion Ruling - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/27 - 12/04
- That Culture of Corruption Thing, Again
- Pumping Up The Volume
- At least we can agree on some things
- Hurricane Epsilon establishes new record as 14th h...
- Studies Confirm New Orleans Levees' Flaws
- Alito File Shows Strategy to Curb Abortion Ruling ...
- Louisiana's Levee Inquiry Faults Army Corps - New ...
- Fly CIA And Hope For A Round Trip
- Connecticutt First State To Get Real On Campaign F...
- The "Duke's" Legacy Gathers Weight
- Ahhnold Shows Some Brains And Balls In Chief Of St...
- Pelosi Steps Up To The Plate
- Propaganda Machine At Work In Iraq
- Enron Scandle Still Reverberating Through Industry...
- And So It Begins
- Another Opportunity For Brownie?
- The Canadian Solution
- Ex-Powell Aide Criticizes Detainee Effort
- Rove's Secretary Comes Cleaner
- Europe May Suspend Nations With Secret Prisons - N...
- Another One Bites The Dust
- Mapping Approval
- Meanwhile, Back In Afghanistan
- Meet The Next Leader Of Iraq
- ▼ 11/27 - 12/04 (24)
- ► 2003 (7)