MIAMI (AP) - Epsilon strengthened into a record 14th hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean on Friday - two days after the 2005 season officially ended. Forecasters said it posed no threat to land. Epsilon had maximum sustained winds of 75 mph at 10 a.m. EST, according to the National Hurricane Center in Miami. Its top sustained winds had been near 65 mph earlier in the day.I didn't know this government/administration had any experts; just spin doctors.
The latest that a hurricane formed in the Caribbean was Dec. 30, which happened in 1954, he said.
No other major storms have appeared on the horizon, he said.
Forecasters say 2006 could be another brutal hurricane year because the Atlantic is in a period of frenzied activity that began in 1995 and could last at least another decade.
Government hurricane experts blame the increase on a natural cycle of higher sea temperatures, lower wind shear and other factors, though some scientists cite global warming.
Friday, December 02, 2005
My Way News:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/27 - 12/04
- That Culture of Corruption Thing, Again
- Pumping Up The Volume
- At least we can agree on some things
- Hurricane Epsilon establishes new record as 14th h...
- Studies Confirm New Orleans Levees' Flaws
- Alito File Shows Strategy to Curb Abortion Ruling ...
- Louisiana's Levee Inquiry Faults Army Corps - New ...
- Fly CIA And Hope For A Round Trip
- Connecticutt First State To Get Real On Campaign F...
- The "Duke's" Legacy Gathers Weight
- Ahhnold Shows Some Brains And Balls In Chief Of St...
- Pelosi Steps Up To The Plate
- Propaganda Machine At Work In Iraq
- Enron Scandle Still Reverberating Through Industry...
- And So It Begins
- Another Opportunity For Brownie?
- The Canadian Solution
- Ex-Powell Aide Criticizes Detainee Effort
- Rove's Secretary Comes Cleaner
- Europe May Suspend Nations With Secret Prisons - N...
- Another One Bites The Dust
- Mapping Approval
- Meanwhile, Back In Afghanistan
- Meet The Next Leader Of Iraq
- ▼ 11/27 - 12/04 (24)
- ► 2003 (7)