Rep. John Sweeney, R-N.Y., denounced the decision, saying that 'commerce and greed have ruled the day.'Bush isn't the only one ignoring Congress' intent. Apparently, Congress ignores itself.
'To end this practice, Congress, with widespread public support, passed this amendment by a landslide vote in both the House and the Senate,' said Sweeney, who serves on the House Appropriations Committee. 'This action is a direct defiance of congressional intent.'
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
ABC News: Horse Slaughter to Continue Despite Action:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/05 - 02/12
- CIA Whistleblower Finally Blows Whistle
- Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is BuzzFlash.com...
- Full House Committee Gets Briefing on Eavesdroppin...
- Republican Who Oversees N.S.A. Calls for Wiretap I...
- Seems Like A Long Time, Seems Like A Mighty Long T...
- US general maps out strategic refit for Iraq, Midd...
- If You're Feeling Safer, Feel Again
- ABC News: Horse Slaughter to Continue Despite Action
- CIA Leak Probe a 'Witch Hunt'?
- Administration Faulted on Katrina
- firedoglake: 02/05/2006 - 02/11/2006
- Still Trying To Gag The Critics And Stem The Truth
- Crooks and Liars: Rove Threatens Any Non-conformin...
- Exclusive: Can the President Order a Killing on U....
- Unbelievable! Or Not.
- Oil Graft Fuels the Insurgency, Iraq and U.S. Say ...
- Mia Culpa: Plame covert status verified -- again.
- ▼ 02/05 - 02/12 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)