Responsibility for the government's bungled response to Hurricane Katrina extends widely but begins at the top of the Bush administration, which failed before the storm to name a White House, homeland security or other senior aide to take command of disaster relief, congressional investigators reported yesterday.
Four years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, administration officials did not establish a clear chain of command for the domestic emergency; disregarded early warnings of a Category 5 hurricane inundating New Orleans and southeast Louisiana; and did not ensure that cities and states had adequate plans and training before the Aug. 29 storm, according to the Government Accountability Office.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Administration Faulted on Katrina:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/05 - 02/12
- CIA Whistleblower Finally Blows Whistle
- Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is BuzzFlash.com...
- Full House Committee Gets Briefing on Eavesdroppin...
- Republican Who Oversees N.S.A. Calls for Wiretap I...
- Seems Like A Long Time, Seems Like A Mighty Long T...
- US general maps out strategic refit for Iraq, Midd...
- If You're Feeling Safer, Feel Again
- ABC News: Horse Slaughter to Continue Despite Action
- CIA Leak Probe a 'Witch Hunt'?
- Administration Faulted on Katrina
- firedoglake: 02/05/2006 - 02/11/2006
- Still Trying To Gag The Critics And Stem The Truth
- Crooks and Liars: Rove Threatens Any Non-conformin...
- Exclusive: Can the President Order a Killing on U....
- Unbelievable! Or Not.
- Oil Graft Fuels the Insurgency, Iraq and U.S. Say ...
- Mia Culpa: Plame covert status verified -- again.
- ▼ 02/05 - 02/12 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)