'In their view, the legal regime applied to these detainees seriously undermines the rule of law and a number of fundamental universally recognized human rights, which are the essence of democratic societies,' the report said.What?! I could have sworn I heard Shrub and Condo say that the U.S. doesn't do torture! Evidently, people who work for the U.S. do torture.
The report's findings were based on interviews with former detainees, public documents, media reports, lawyers, and a questionnaire filled out by U.S. officials.
Many of the allegations have been made before, but the document is the first such accounting from the U.N. rapporteurs, who are charged by the U.N. Commission on Human Rights to investigate rights concerns around the world.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
CBS News | U.N. Report: U.S. Tortures Detainees | February 13, 2006 23:04:53:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/12 - 02/19
- Oh, My!
- CBS News | Senate, White House 'Fix' Spy Program |...
- More On Cheney And Declassification
- Cheney's Plamegate Defense?
- Cheney says he has OK to declassify info -- Page 1...
- Raging Grannies In Albany, NY
- CBS News | GOP Grills Rice On Middle East | Februa...
- Ohio Board Undoes Stand on Evolution - New York Times
- Maybe He Was Too Distracted By This
- CBS News | Rove Pushed Cheney To Talk | February 1...
- Saddam Tried To Warn Us?!
- Hunter Shot by Cheney Has Heart Attack - Yahoo! News
- Harvard Study: Some Children Left Behind
- JABBS: Insight, A Conservative Magazine, Says Bush...
- Abramoff and Rove
- CBS News | U.N. Report: U.S. Tortures Detainees | ...
- CBS News | Katrina: Gov't Failure, Private Fraud |...
- U.S. Has Royalty Plan to Give Windfall to Oil Comp...
- CBS News | Cheney Cited For Breaking Hunting Law |...
- Daily Kos: American Bar Association To Oppose Dome...
- Well, Well!
- CBS News | Reporting Lag In Cheney Shooting | Febr...
- ▼ 02/12 - 02/19 (22)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)