WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney said on Wednesday he may be called as a witness in the case of his former aide Lewis 'Scooter' Libby, who faces perjury and other charges in the leak of a CIA operative's identity.
Cheney refused to comment on reports that he directed Libby to use classified material to discredit a critic of the Bush administration's Iraq war effort, saying: 'It's nothing I can talk about.'
Cheney's name has surfaced in other court documents as well. According to an appeals court decision made public this month, "the vice president informed Libby 'in an off sort of curiosity sort of fashion'" that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA one month before her identity was made public.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
My Way News:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
02/12 - 02/19
- Oh, My!
- CBS News | Senate, White House 'Fix' Spy Program |...
- More On Cheney And Declassification
- Cheney's Plamegate Defense?
- Cheney says he has OK to declassify info -- Page 1...
- Raging Grannies In Albany, NY
- CBS News | GOP Grills Rice On Middle East | Februa...
- Ohio Board Undoes Stand on Evolution - New York Times
- Maybe He Was Too Distracted By This
- CBS News | Rove Pushed Cheney To Talk | February 1...
- Saddam Tried To Warn Us?!
- Hunter Shot by Cheney Has Heart Attack - Yahoo! News
- Harvard Study: Some Children Left Behind
- JABBS: Insight, A Conservative Magazine, Says Bush...
- Abramoff and Rove
- CBS News | U.N. Report: U.S. Tortures Detainees | ...
- CBS News | Katrina: Gov't Failure, Private Fraud |...
- U.S. Has Royalty Plan to Give Windfall to Oil Comp...
- CBS News | Cheney Cited For Breaking Hunting Law |...
- Daily Kos: American Bar Association To Oppose Dome...
- Well, Well!
- CBS News | Reporting Lag In Cheney Shooting | Febr...
- ▼ 02/12 - 02/19 (22)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)