The witness, former FBI agent Erik Rigler, was questioned about a Justice Department report that he said criticized the CIA for keeping intelligence about two known al-Qaida terrorist operatives in the United States from the FBI for more than a year.Again, this was the part of the testimony that the Feds knew would be embarassing and was the purported reason for one of the Fed lawyers getting in the judge's face by coaching some witnesses. It's hard to nail Moussaoui without also bringing to light the missed opportunities that authorities had before the attack.
The two were among the 19 suicide hijackers on 9/11. The report said they had been placed on a watch list in Thailand in January 2000, but not on a U.S. list until August 2001.
The prosecution asked Rigler if anything in the report linked the pair specifically to a civil aviation plot. Rigler said no, but the report's thrust was about their preparations for what turned out to be the 9/11 attacks, and their ability to elude federal agents.
'That's why they came here,' he said. 'They didn't come for Disney.'
Monday, March 27, 2006
My Way News - Moussaoui Witness Points to Missed Chances:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
03/26 - 04/02
- Unclaimed Territory - by Glenn Greenwald: Does the...
- And He Ought To Know!
- And He Ought To Know!
- Firedoglake - Firedoglake weblog » Thoughts on the...
- Former DeLay Aide Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy - Ne...
- Levee Plans Fall Short of FEMA Standards - New Yor...
- John Dean Blasts Warrantless Eavesdropping
- Not So Fast!
- You Think It's Not About Oil?
- Now if They'd Only Do The Same For Oil And Pharmac...
- Reps Dodge And Weave On Immigration
- G.O.P. Risking Hispanic Votes on Immigration - New...
- Senate Approves Lobbying Limits by Wide Margin - N...
- Republican Split on Immigration Reflects Nation's ...
- Teens Arrested in Water Facility Break-In
- Extension of Voting Act Is Likely Despite Criticis...
- Senate Debates Amendment to Ethics Bill
- Just Trying To Make A Buck
- Judges Back Court Review of Eavesdropping
- Fake ID's at the Border Crossings - New York Times...
- Not Quite What We Had in Mind - New York Times
- Supreme Court Questions Military Trials - New York...
- Still No Real Protection From Terrorism
- Shiites Say U.S. Is Pressuring Iraqi Leader to Ste...
- The Founders Never Imagined a Bush Administration
- My Way News - Call for Censuring Bush Boosts Feing...
- Bush Was Set on Path to War, Memo by British Advis...
- Like I Said
- "The Didn't Come Here For Disney."
- Shiite Officials Express Anger Over U.S. Clash Wit...
- ▼ 03/26 - 04/02 (30)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)