KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - One of America's closest allies says the war on terrorism fails to address its root causes.Gee, you mean bombing and shooting and making speeches doesn't convince people that progress is being made? Has the pResident been notified?
Experts agreed with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, saying Friday the major military offensive against the Taliban will not fix Afghanistan's larger crises - a lack of reconstruction and jobs, a booming drug trade, and a weak government.
'You won't win unless you can convince people that progress is being made,' said Marvin Weinbaum, a former State Department analyst now a scholar at the Washington-based Middle East Institute.
Friday, June 23, 2006
My Way News - Karzai: War Not Getting at Terrorism Cause:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
06/18 - 06/25
- Get The Nails Ready
- Didn't See This One Coming
- Saw This One Coming
- Supreme Court Hiccups, Makes Good Decision
- Even Karzai Knows Better
- Paul Bagala Makes Up For Past Sins
- Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Jun...
- Shakespeare's Sister Tags Another Truthiness
- The Global Class War
- The Working Society
- Party Of The Rich Keeps The Rest Poor
- GOP Delays Vote On Voting Rights Act, Renewal Of 1...
- Would I Lie To You?
- My Way News - Pentagon Withheld Info on Troops' De...
- Another "Employer" Of Illegal Immigrants
- Stop The Madness!
- The People May Speak
- ▼ 06/18 - 06/25 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)