The only place in the American government where there is an honest and spirited debate over Iraq is within the Democratic Party. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer are not on the same page – and that’s a good thing. Hillary Clinton and John Kerry disagree. Hooray for that.I used to like Paul's commentaries on CNN, especially when he was sitting across from Tucker, but lately he's been a little too meek when he should be eye-spittin' and too flip when he ought to be deadly serious in my opinion. This entry redeems him somewhat for me. He can still write a damn good speech.
If anyone tells you the solution to Iraq is easy or obvious, they’re a liar or a fool (a false choice in the case of our president). So why not feature the debate? At least someone is debating what to do.
The fact is the American people want a new direction in Iraq, and the Democrats offer several. The Republicans, on the other hand, offer nothing more than a four-word strategy: more of the same.
Friday, June 23, 2006
GOP on Iraq = More of the Same | TPMCafe:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
06/18 - 06/25
- Get The Nails Ready
- Didn't See This One Coming
- Saw This One Coming
- Supreme Court Hiccups, Makes Good Decision
- Even Karzai Knows Better
- Paul Bagala Makes Up For Past Sins
- Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: Jun...
- Shakespeare's Sister Tags Another Truthiness
- The Global Class War
- The Working Society
- Party Of The Rich Keeps The Rest Poor
- GOP Delays Vote On Voting Rights Act, Renewal Of 1...
- Would I Lie To You?
- My Way News - Pentagon Withheld Info on Troops' De...
- Another "Employer" Of Illegal Immigrants
- Stop The Madness!
- The People May Speak
- ▼ 06/18 - 06/25 (17)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)