" In an interview with The Times in 2004, a senior intelligence official involved in drafting the estimate said the uranium allegations were excluded from the key judgments because the drafters knew there were serious doubts about their accuracy.
As a result, the official said, the drafters cast the uranium allegations as a minor element in the overall assessment of Iraq's nuclear capabilities. The assertion that Iraq was 'vigorously trying to procure' uranium was mentioned on the bottom of Page 24 of the 90-page document. The drafters also noted, in an annex attached to the end of the document, that State Department intelligence officials considered the uranium allegation 'highly dubious.'"
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Bush Knew Niger Claims Were False When He Leaked Them:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/09 - 04/16
- Post Not Backing Down On Story
- Uh, Wha?
- Oil And The Deficit
- Your (Republican, Conservative) Congress At Work
- Another General "Defects"
- McCain Courting Iowa Conservatives
- Analysts Say a Nuclear Iran Is Years Away - New Yo...
- And A Little Further East...
- Lenient Rule Set for Rebuilding in New Orleans - N...
- Autopsy Spurs Calls for 9/11 Health Care
- E-Mails Show Abramoff's Donation Leverage
- GOP Leaders Back Down On Immigration
- You Betcha!
- Outside Of The Box?
- Pants On Fire! Pants On Fire!
- More Bad News From Iraq
- Autopsy Links Cop's Death To 9/11 Dust - CBS News
- BushCo's Pants On Fire!
- Amen, Digby! Amen!
- "Pattern of... leaks"
- Bush and Cheney Discussed Plame Prior to Leak
- Bush Knew Niger Claims Were False When He Leaked Them
- Jason Leopold: Bush and Cheney Discussed Plame Pri...
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
- Lest We Forget
- It Just Keeps Getting Worse
- Hooray for Maine
- With One Filing, Prosecutor Puts Bush in Spotlight...
- My Way News - Phone-Jamming Records Point to White...
- Tax Cuts on Hold - New York Times
- The "Wonderful Life" Defense
- Why So Many Twisters This Year? - CBS News
- Prosecution Sees Setback at Terror Trial in Califo...
- Bush Admits He Lied To Congress
- Sunnis and Kurds Reject Iraqi Leader's Bid - New Y...
- Democracy in the Arab World, a U.S. Goal, Falters ...
- Across the U.S., Growing Rallies for Immigration -...
- 2 Exit Polls Show Berlusconi Losing
- Would you buy a used car from this man?
- Lawyer: Bush Left Leak Details to Cheney
- This is a wierd one
- ▼ 04/09 - 04/16 (43)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)