WASHINGTON (AP) - The two top Republicans in Congress, confronted with internal party divisions as well as large public demonstrations, said Tuesday they intend to pass immigration legislation that does not subject illegal immigrants to prosecution as felons.We won one!
A written statement by House Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee, did not say whether they would seek legislation subjecting illegal immigrants to misdemeanor prosecution or possibly a civil penalty such as a fine.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
My Way News - GOP Leaders to Drop Felony for Immigrants:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/09 - 04/16
- Post Not Backing Down On Story
- Uh, Wha?
- Oil And The Deficit
- Your (Republican, Conservative) Congress At Work
- Another General "Defects"
- McCain Courting Iowa Conservatives
- Analysts Say a Nuclear Iran Is Years Away - New Yo...
- And A Little Further East...
- Lenient Rule Set for Rebuilding in New Orleans - N...
- Autopsy Spurs Calls for 9/11 Health Care
- E-Mails Show Abramoff's Donation Leverage
- GOP Leaders Back Down On Immigration
- You Betcha!
- Outside Of The Box?
- Pants On Fire! Pants On Fire!
- More Bad News From Iraq
- Autopsy Links Cop's Death To 9/11 Dust - CBS News
- BushCo's Pants On Fire!
- Amen, Digby! Amen!
- "Pattern of... leaks"
- Bush and Cheney Discussed Plame Prior to Leak
- Bush Knew Niger Claims Were False When He Leaked T...
- Jason Leopold: Bush and Cheney Discussed Plame Pri...
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
- Lest We Forget
- It Just Keeps Getting Worse
- Hooray for Maine
- With One Filing, Prosecutor Puts Bush in Spotlight...
- My Way News - Phone-Jamming Records Point to White...
- Tax Cuts on Hold - New York Times
- The "Wonderful Life" Defense
- Why So Many Twisters This Year? - CBS News
- Prosecution Sees Setback at Terror Trial in Califo...
- Bush Admits He Lied To Congress
- Sunnis and Kurds Reject Iraqi Leader's Bid - New Y...
- Democracy in the Arab World, a U.S. Goal, Falters ...
- Across the U.S., Growing Rallies for Immigration -...
- 2 Exit Polls Show Berlusconi Losing
- Would you buy a used car from this man?
- Lawyer: Bush Left Leak Details to Cheney
- This is a wierd one
- ▼ 04/09 - 04/16 (43)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)