As he began the questioning Mr Petrocelli noted that many of Mr Skilling's former colleagues had pleaded guilty to crimes associated with Enron's collapse, and agreed to cooperate with the prosecution.Oh, c'mon! Who cops a plea when they're innocent? Only idiots and people with idiot lawyers (or people being railroaded, which is hardly the case here). The last part says it all. They were a house of cards that came tumbling down, and it was their fault.
During the trial, the defence has consistently argued that they were actually innocent and had been pushed into making guilty pleas to avoid trials or long prison sentences.ance itself.
Mr Skilling has argued that he is innocent and claimed that Enron collapsed because of a lack of market confidence and a "run on the bank" situation when creditors called in loans and the firm did not have enough money to finance itself.
Monday, April 10, 2006
BBC NEWS | Business | I'm innocent says ex-Enron chief
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
04/09 - 04/16
- Post Not Backing Down On Story
- Uh, Wha?
- Oil And The Deficit
- Your (Republican, Conservative) Congress At Work
- Another General "Defects"
- McCain Courting Iowa Conservatives
- Analysts Say a Nuclear Iran Is Years Away - New Yo...
- And A Little Further East...
- Lenient Rule Set for Rebuilding in New Orleans - N...
- Autopsy Spurs Calls for 9/11 Health Care
- E-Mails Show Abramoff's Donation Leverage
- GOP Leaders Back Down On Immigration
- You Betcha!
- Outside Of The Box?
- Pants On Fire! Pants On Fire!
- More Bad News From Iraq
- Autopsy Links Cop's Death To 9/11 Dust - CBS News
- BushCo's Pants On Fire!
- Amen, Digby! Amen!
- "Pattern of... leaks"
- Bush and Cheney Discussed Plame Prior to Leak
- Bush Knew Niger Claims Were False When He Leaked Them
- Jason Leopold: Bush and Cheney Discussed Plame Pri...
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
- Lest We Forget
- It Just Keeps Getting Worse
- Hooray for Maine
- With One Filing, Prosecutor Puts Bush in Spotlight...
- My Way News - Phone-Jamming Records Point to White...
- Tax Cuts on Hold - New York Times
- The "Wonderful Life" Defense
- Why So Many Twisters This Year? - CBS News
- Prosecution Sees Setback at Terror Trial in Califo...
- Bush Admits He Lied To Congress
- Sunnis and Kurds Reject Iraqi Leader's Bid - New Y...
- Democracy in the Arab World, a U.S. Goal, Falters ...
- Across the U.S., Growing Rallies for Immigration -...
- 2 Exit Polls Show Berlusconi Losing
- Would you buy a used car from this man?
- Lawyer: Bush Left Leak Details to Cheney
- This is a wierd one
- ▼ 04/09 - 04/16 (43)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)