By Susan Page, USA TODAYLooks like Feingold and Kerry have their fingers on the pulse of the people. November is looking better by the week. Keep it up, bloggers!
WASHINGTON — A majority of Americans say Congress should pass a resolution that outlines a plan for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq, according to a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll taken Friday through Sunday. Half of those surveyed would like all U.S. forces out within 12 months.
The poll finds support for the ideas behind Democratic proposals that were soundly defeated in the Senate last week. An uptick in optimism toward the war after the killing of terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi earlier this month seems to have evaporated.
Last week, the Republican-controlled Senate defeated two Democratic proposals to begin withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq. A plan by Democrats John Kerry of Massachusetts and Russ Feingold of Wisconsin to pull out all U.S. combat troops over the next 13 months was rejected 86-13.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
USATODAY.com - Poll: Majority of Americans want withdrawal plan for Iraq:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
06/25 - 07/02
- AL Finds Proof For The "I" Word
- It Just Gets Uglier
- A Letter In Salt Lake Tribune Says It All
- Smear-Campaigner Is Child Molestor
- D&L's Paul Siegel Finds The Truth Behind The Story...
- It Could Be A Lot Worse
- America Moves Left
- Senate Finds Another Way To Waste Time And Money
- Send In The Expert
- Specter Finally Gets The News
- SCOTUS: Let's See What Else We Can Screw Up
- Florida Lawmakers: Not In Our Back Yard!
- Elm Tree Commits Suicide In Protest Of Bush Enviro...
- Oh, Well, Why Didn't You Say So!?
- Blogosphere Defined
- And Then Some!
- Meanwhile, In A Country Far, Far Away...
- Our Fault The Pigs Rule The Trough?
- E-mails Pin The Tails On The Jackasses
- Another Threat Takes A Step Closer
- A Mighty Oak Grows
- Wake Of The Flood
- ▼ 06/25 - 07/02 (22)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)