"What sets Acorn apart from most community groups, said Peter Dreier, an urban planning expert at Occidental College in Los Angeles, is its ability to combine local projects with coordinated national action on larger issues."
Monday, June 26, 2006
City by City, an Antipoverty Group Plants Seeds of Change - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
06/25 - 07/02
- AL Finds Proof For The "I" Word
- It Just Gets Uglier
- A Letter In Salt Lake Tribune Says It All
- Smear-Campaigner Is Child Molestor
- D&L's Paul Siegel Finds The Truth Behind The Story
- It Could Be A Lot Worse
- America Moves Left
- Senate Finds Another Way To Waste Time And Money
- Send In The Expert
- Specter Finally Gets The News
- SCOTUS: Let's See What Else We Can Screw Up
- Florida Lawmakers: Not In Our Back Yard!
- Elm Tree Commits Suicide In Protest Of Bush Enviro...
- Oh, Well, Why Didn't You Say So!?
- Blogosphere Defined
- And Then Some!
- Meanwhile, In A Country Far, Far Away...
- Our Fault The Pigs Rule The Trough?
- E-mails Pin The Tails On The Jackasses
- Another Threat Takes A Step Closer
- A Mighty Oak Grows
- Wake Of The Flood
- ▼ 06/25 - 07/02 (22)
- ► 2005 (385)
- ► 2003 (7)