Flooding in Washington Closes Some Federal Offices - New York Times
It would be high irony if global warming (which adds moisture to the atmosphere which causes more precipitation) manages to take out Washington, D.C. before the bafoons in federal government figure out what's happening and actually try to do something about it. Even if they started tomorrow, it could already be too late to save the coastal areas and near-sealevel places of population. The tragedies themselves (floods, hurricanes, draughts, avalanches, etc.) are just that, tragic and devastating. It's the sense of irony, however, that has me seeing the various congress persons standing up to their ankles in water with not a clue as to why or what to do about it.
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
06/25 - 07/02
- AL Finds Proof For The "I" Word
- It Just Gets Uglier
- A Letter In Salt Lake Tribune Says It All
- Smear-Campaigner Is Child Molestor
- D&L's Paul Siegel Finds The Truth Behind The Story
- It Could Be A Lot Worse
- America Moves Left
- Senate Finds Another Way To Waste Time And Money
- Send In The Expert
- Specter Finally Gets The News
- SCOTUS: Let's See What Else We Can Screw Up
- Florida Lawmakers: Not In Our Back Yard!
- Elm Tree Commits Suicide In Protest Of Bush Enviro...
- Oh, Well, Why Didn't You Say So!?
- Blogosphere Defined
- And Then Some!
- Meanwhile, In A Country Far, Far Away...
- Our Fault The Pigs Rule The Trough?
- E-mails Pin The Tails On The Jackasses
- Another Threat Takes A Step Closer
- A Mighty Oak Grows
- Wake Of The Flood
- ▼ 06/25 - 07/02 (22)
- ► 2005 (384)
- ► 2003 (7)