NEW YORK (Reuters) - An investigation by the U.S. Labor Department found that Halliburton Co.'s (HAL) pension plans violated the law three times and the company paid more than $8.6 million to correct the violations, the New York Times reported on Friday, citing correspondence from the department.So, Cheney ripped off the employee pension fund? And all that happened was a paid settlement? Hmmmmm.
According to the Times, two of the violations began while Vice President Dick Cheney was the company's chief executive, but the largest infraction took place after he resigned in the summer of 2000.
Friday, November 11, 2005
My Way Finance:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/06 - 11/13
- More Flies In The Web
- Senate Approves Limiting Rights of U.S. Detainees
- Iraq Blowback Gathers Steam
- Going Down, Down, Down
- Clinton Zings Republican Congressmen
- McCain Bats .500
- Haliburton Diversifies lts Portfolio Of Dubious Bu...
- Criminal Probe Set for New Orleans Levees
- Wired News: No Fed Security Laws, Hurrah!!
- Al Franken For President!
- Roe v. Wade Attorney Leaning Against Alito
- Rice Defends (?) Prisoner Treatment
- Alito Ethically Challenged
- Frist Doesn't Care About Torture Prisons (or tortu...
- Times Reporter Agrees to Leave the Paper - New Yor...
- Abramoff Set Up Prez Meeting For Bongo
- "They left me to die."
- It Just Gets Better
- Well Done!
- Coffee drinking not linked with high blood pressur...
- Robert Scheer: Who's the Girlie Man Now?
- WTO Having Its Problems As Well
- Bush Not The Only One Taking The Hit
- Miller resigns from New York Times
- More Good News
- The Consequences of Covering Up
- EFF: Online Policy Group v. Diebold, Inc.
- Expected, And Sad
- Hark, I Hear The Elephants Whine
- Inquiry to Seek Cause of Levee Failure - New York ...
- Yes, Yessss!!!
- Condi Doesn't Deny Secret Prisons
- Daily Kos: Trent Lott says GOP Senator guilty of l...
- Let's Fire Up The Wayback Machine, Mr. Peabody!
- Just For The Record
- A Different Kind Of Leak Investigation
- Regime Change, Part Deux?
- Former Serb Red Berets in Iraq
- Still Under Investigation
- Senators say Alito respects Roe decision
- Wired News: FBI Pushing Patriot Act Powers
- Fox News Biased?
- Texas Judicial System: A Model For Corruption
- They Burn Civilians, Don't They?
- 11/7/2005 Statement by Congressman George Miller R...
- More Robbing From Poor And Giving To Rich
- Dems Get Tough By Going Bi-partisan?
- Kerry Thinks '04 Election Stolen (He's Not The Onl...
- No Decision = Win
- It Won't Be Pretty
- Bush Insults Americans' Intelligence
- And Lest We Forget
- ▼ 11/06 - 11/13 (53)
- ► 2003 (7)