In 1999, the Kansas board adopted science standards that eliminated most references to evolution.Even the Science Guy weighs in on the case. Wonder what the supremes will make of it.
Harvard paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould said that was akin to teaching 'American history without Lincoln.' Bill Nye, the 'Science Guy' of children's television, called it 'harebrained' and 'nutty.' And a Washington Post columnist imagined God saying to the Kansas board members: 'Man, I gave you a brain. Use it, OK?'
Two years later, after voters replaced three members, the board reverted to evolution-friendly standards. Elections in 2002 and 2004 changed the board's composition again, making it more conservative.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
CBS News | 'Intelligent Design' Wins In Kan. | November 8, 2005 18:00:05:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
11/06 - 11/13
- More Flies In The Web
- Senate Approves Limiting Rights of U.S. Detainees
- Iraq Blowback Gathers Steam
- Going Down, Down, Down
- Clinton Zings Republican Congressmen
- McCain Bats .500
- Haliburton Diversifies lts Portfolio Of Dubious Bu...
- Criminal Probe Set for New Orleans Levees
- Wired News: No Fed Security Laws, Hurrah!!
- Al Franken For President!
- Roe v. Wade Attorney Leaning Against Alito
- Rice Defends (?) Prisoner Treatment
- Alito Ethically Challenged
- Frist Doesn't Care About Torture Prisons (or tortu...
- Times Reporter Agrees to Leave the Paper - New Yor...
- Abramoff Set Up Prez Meeting For Bongo
- "They left me to die."
- It Just Gets Better
- Well Done!
- Coffee drinking not linked with high blood pressur...
- Robert Scheer: Who's the Girlie Man Now?
- WTO Having Its Problems As Well
- Bush Not The Only One Taking The Hit
- Miller resigns from New York Times
- More Good News
- The Consequences of Covering Up
- EFF: Online Policy Group v. Diebold, Inc.
- Expected, And Sad
- Hark, I Hear The Elephants Whine
- Inquiry to Seek Cause of Levee Failure - New York ...
- Yes, Yessss!!!
- Condi Doesn't Deny Secret Prisons
- Daily Kos: Trent Lott says GOP Senator guilty of l...
- Let's Fire Up The Wayback Machine, Mr. Peabody!
- Just For The Record
- A Different Kind Of Leak Investigation
- Regime Change, Part Deux?
- Former Serb Red Berets in Iraq
- Still Under Investigation
- Senators say Alito respects Roe decision
- Wired News: FBI Pushing Patriot Act Powers
- Fox News Biased?
- Texas Judicial System: A Model For Corruption
- They Burn Civilians, Don't They?
- 11/7/2005 Statement by Congressman George Miller R...
- More Robbing From Poor And Giving To Rich
- Dems Get Tough By Going Bi-partisan?
- Kerry Thinks '04 Election Stolen (He's Not The Onl...
- No Decision = Win
- It Won't Be Pretty
- Bush Insults Americans' Intelligence
- And Lest We Forget
- ▼ 11/06 - 11/13 (53)
- ► 2003 (7)