Abramoff investigation has GOP holding its breath: "Abramoff is at the center of ever more complicated inquiries that touch on subjects as wide-ranging as allegations of influ- ence-peddling in Congress and the White House, a gangland-style slaying in Florida and political shenanigans in Guam.
Abramoff has had close connections with leading Republicans, including Bush; U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay of Sugar Land, the former House majority leader; Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania; party strategist Grover Norquist, head of Americans for Tax Reform; and strategist Ralph Reed, the former Christian Coalition executive director and Bush campaign official who is now running for lieutenant governor of Georgia."
Cue soundtrack: Twist and Shout!
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
10/16 - 10/23
- Beached Party
- Fitzgerald Has Web Site Up And Running!
- A Palpable Silence at the White House
- Times: Miller May Have Misled Editors
- The Suspense Is Killing Me
- Bird Flu Getting Closer
- Frist Donated to Campaign After HCA Sale | Democra...
- Firedoglake Rules
- Fitzgerald Got Report On Forged Niger Uranium Docu...
- Yee-haaa! Go Dennis, Go!
- DeLay Delays With Two-Step Shuffle By Lawyers
- And Then He Had To Go Out And Buy Shoes...
- Fire In Rove's Pants
- Defense lawyer in Saddam case abducted and killed
- Majikthise : There has never been a hurricane like...
- Chertoff Says FEMA's Lack of Planning to Blame
- Bush whacked Rove on CIA leak
- New York Daily News - World & National Report - Pr...
- Wilma Sets Barometric Pressure Record
- Army Guard Short of Equipment at Home
- Guess He Didn't Get The Memo
- Iraq Now A Grad School For Terrorists
- The Wolves Are Circling...(heh-heh!)
- Did Bush Lie To Fitz?
- Agent Reinstated After 9/11 Criticism
- Insider Helping With Traitor-gate Investigation
- Wilma strongest hurricane on record!
- Oh, Crap!
- Leak Discrepancy Effect Unclear
- Report: Fitzgerald Focusing On Direct Cheney Invol...
- Think Progress » Fox News Pushing “Criminalization...
- Incorrect Info To Help (Or Hinder) CIA Leak Invest...
- The Talent Show: Rule of Law?
- Abramoff investigation has GOP holding its breath
- Dobson Was Told Meiers Would Overturn Roe v. Wade
- How a Lobbyist Stacked the Deck
- An Open Blog To Bill O'Reilly From Theodore Roosev...
- Think Progress » Rice: After 9-11 “We Could Decide...
- Life during wartime » Third Country Nationals
- What's A Little Human Trafficking Among Friends?
- New Questions Arise in CIA Leak Probe
- ▼ 10/16 - 10/23 (41)
- ► 2003 (7)