Think Progress » Rice: After 9-11 “We Could Decide the Proximate Cause Was Al Qaeda”:
"The fact of the matter is that when we were attacked on September 11, we had a choice to make. We could decide that the proximate cause was al Qaeda and the people who flew those planes into buildings and, therefore, we would go after al Qaeda…or we could take a bolder approach."
We could go after the people who attacked us, or we could use it as an excuse to go into Iraq?! Yeah, that's bold all right! And criminally insane!!!
Let's face it: the administration wanted to go into Iraq before 9/11, and were only waiting for the slightest excuse. We probably would have attacked them even if 9/11 didn't happen, but when it did it gave them the chance to do it ahead of schedule. The Plame affair is all about this monomaniacal scheme, it's tenuous grip on reality, and the machinations involved in convincing a nation of it's eroneous justification. Thousands are dead, tens of thousands continually victimized and exploited, and America is less safe from terrorism than ever.
Oh, and that Bin Laden guy is still at large! George Bush should be impeached, and he and his advisors should be indicted and tried for war crimes in the international courts. Why are they still in power? When is enough, enough?!
Meanwhile, the corruption, cronyism and incompetence continues.
Sunday, October 16, 2005
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
10/16 - 10/23
- Beached Party
- Fitzgerald Has Web Site Up And Running!
- A Palpable Silence at the White House
- Times: Miller May Have Misled Editors
- The Suspense Is Killing Me
- Bird Flu Getting Closer
- Frist Donated to Campaign After HCA Sale | Democra...
- Firedoglake Rules
- Fitzgerald Got Report On Forged Niger Uranium Docu...
- Yee-haaa! Go Dennis, Go!
- DeLay Delays With Two-Step Shuffle By Lawyers
- And Then He Had To Go Out And Buy Shoes...
- Fire In Rove's Pants
- Defense lawyer in Saddam case abducted and killed
- Majikthise : There has never been a hurricane like...
- Chertoff Says FEMA's Lack of Planning to Blame
- Bush whacked Rove on CIA leak
- New York Daily News - World & National Report - Pr...
- Wilma Sets Barometric Pressure Record
- Army Guard Short of Equipment at Home
- Guess He Didn't Get The Memo
- Iraq Now A Grad School For Terrorists
- The Wolves Are Circling...(heh-heh!)
- Did Bush Lie To Fitz?
- Agent Reinstated After 9/11 Criticism
- Insider Helping With Traitor-gate Investigation
- Wilma strongest hurricane on record!
- Oh, Crap!
- Leak Discrepancy Effect Unclear
- Report: Fitzgerald Focusing On Direct Cheney Invol...
- Think Progress » Fox News Pushing “Criminalization...
- Incorrect Info To Help (Or Hinder) CIA Leak Invest...
- The Talent Show: Rule of Law?
- Abramoff investigation has GOP holding its breath
- Dobson Was Told Meiers Would Overturn Roe v. Wade
- How a Lobbyist Stacked the Deck
- An Open Blog To Bill O'Reilly From Theodore Roosevelt
- Think Progress » Rice: After 9-11 “We Could Decide...
- Life during wartime » Third Country Nationals
- What's A Little Human Trafficking Among Friends?
- New Questions Arise in CIA Leak Probe
- ▼ 10/16 - 10/23 (41)
- ► 2003 (7)