"As of Sunday, Oct. 23, 2005, at least 1,996 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. At least 1,547 died as a result of hostile action, according to the military's numbers. The figures include five military civilians.
The British military has reported 97 deaths; Italy, 27; Ukraine, 18; Poland, 17; Bulgaria, 13; Spain, 11; Slovakia, three; Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Netherlands, Thailand, two each; Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia one death each.
Since May 1, 2003, when President Bush declared that major combat operations in Iraq had ended, 1,857 U.S. military members have died, according to AP's count. That includes at least 1,438 deaths resulting from hostile action, according to the military's numbers."
Sunday, October 23, 2005
News from The Associated Press:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
10/23 - 10/30
- And In Other Indictment News...
- Serious Stuff
- Iraq II?
- Fitzgerald seen as incorruptible - Yahoo! News
- Libby Indicted In CIA Leak Case - October 28, 2005
- Teddy Weighs In - Eschaton
- This Explains A Lot
- Hanging Mistaken for Halloween Decoration
- Fitzmas Delayed Until Tomorrow
- So Who Needs Regulations And Enforcement?
- AAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh! I hear the bells a-ringing...
- AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I can't stand it!!!
- Tennessee Guerilla Women: Dowd: Dick at the Heart ...
- The Rise Of George W. Bush Explained
- W pals bushwhack CIA leak prosecutor
- Today's The Day!?
- Mrs Bush says gang tattoos hinder job prospects
- Are We There Yet?
- Another Speech, Another Milestone, Same OId Story
- Oh, Yesssss!
- ACLU Reports 21 Homicides in U.S. Custody
- Bush calls CIA leak case 'very serious'
- Flaws in Flood Walls' Design as Probable Cause of ...
- Transcript for October 23 - Meet the Press, online...
- Letters Show Frist Notified Of Stocks in 'Blind' T...
- Wired News: DeLay Site Attacks Prosecutor
- Bushies feeling the boss' wrath
- Wilma Dashes Across Southern Florida, Stronger Tha...
- FAO chief says world not doing enough to fight bir...
- Almost There...Almost...
- A Look at U.S. Military Deaths in Iraq
- No Signs Insurgency Abating
- ▼ 10/23 - 10/30 (32)
- ► 2003 (7)