"The focus now shifts to the House, where the Budget Committee voted 21 to 16 yesterday to approve a more extensive bill saving nearly $54 billion through 2010 with cuts to Medicaid, food stamps, student loans, agriculture subsidies and child support enforcement. The House measure would allow states to impose premiums and co-payments on poor Medicaid recipients for the first time.The really disgusting part is how they use tragedies like Katrina as an excuse to cut anti-povery programs. Yeah, that makes sense.
With so many controversial provisions, the House measure is forcing Republican leaders to scramble for support in what could be the most difficult vote of the year. Some Republican moderates are balking at cuts to anti-poverty programs, especially in light of a $70 billion tax cut that could come to a vote soon after the budget bill, more than wiping out the first bill's deficit reduction."
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Senate Passes Plan to Cut $35 Billion From Deficit:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
10/30 - 11/06
- GAO Report Supports Premise That Ohio Electoral Vo...
- No Wonder They Didn't Want A Recount
- Washington Post Examines Former FDA Head Crawford'...
- Yet Another Indictment Of Yet Another Crony Coming...
- Better Late Than Never?!
- DeLay Judge Stays -- for now?
- Stating The Obvious Isn't Easy In Washington
- For The Rich To Get Richer, The Poor Must Get Scre...
- Daily Kos: Shameless. Absolutely Shameless.
- SISMI Was Gooey With Yello Cake
- SCOTUS as political institution?
- Californians Consider Abortion Limits - New York T...
- Can DeLay Get A Fair Trial?
- At Least Nero Played The Fiddle
- DeLay Asked Lobbyist to Raise Money Through Charit...
- Europe Looking Into Report of C.I.A. Jails - New Y...
- The Smell Of Another "Axis Of Evil"
- Hooray For OH
- Salon.com News | Abramoff-Scanlon School of Sleaze...
- Well, Oh Yeah!?
- Iraq Asks Return of Some Officers of Hussein Army ...
- Another Money-Laundering Scheme -- this time for B...
- The Blog | Lawrence O'Donnell: The One Very Good R...
- CBS News | Poll: More Bad News For Bush | November...
- CBS News | Bush's Job Approval Hits New Low | Nove...
- Not Guilty By Reason Of Cronyism
- DeLay's Staff Tried To Help Abramoff
- Debate rages on use of cervical cancer vaccine / W...
- The Real Power Behind The Throne?
- Flash: Lobbyists Sometimes Lying Crooks
- Any Questions?
- Sure Looks Like It
- America, The Torturer
- Martial Law, Anyone?
- Another War, Anyone?
- Finally, Outrage For A Cause
- AlterNet: Blogs: Rachel Neumann: Want to talk ugly...
- In Case You Were Keeping Score
- Methodist Court Removes Openly Lesbian Minister - ...
- Protect Who?
- And Now For Something Completely Indifferent
- Here We Go Again
- ▼ 10/30 - 11/06 (45)
- ► 2003 (7)