WASHINGTON, Nov. 4 - Kenneth Y. Tomlinson, the head of the federal agency that oversees most government broadcasts to foreign countries, including the Voice of America and Radio Free Europe, is the subject of an inquiry into accusations of misuse of federal money and the use of phantom or unqualified employees, officials involved in that examination said on Friday.And keep your filthy hands off my NPR and PBC!
Mr. Tomlinson was ousted from the board of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting on Thursday after its inspector general concluded an investigation that was critical of him. That examination looked at his efforts as chairman of the corporation to seek more conservative programs on public radio and television.
The board has been troubled lately over deep internal divisions and criticism of its Middle East broadcasts. Members of the Arab news media have said its broadcasts are American propaganda.
People involved in the inquiry said that investigators had already interviewed a significant number of officials at the agency and that, if the accusations were substantiated, they could involve criminal violations.
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Spending Inquiry for Top Official on Broadcasting - New York Times:
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (92)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (8)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (328)
- ► 2006 (690)
10/30 - 11/06
- GAO Report Supports Premise That Ohio Electoral Vo...
- No Wonder They Didn't Want A Recount
- Washington Post Examines Former FDA Head Crawford'...
- Yet Another Indictment Of Yet Another Crony Coming...
- Better Late Than Never?!
- DeLay Judge Stays -- for now?
- Stating The Obvious Isn't Easy In Washington
- For The Rich To Get Richer, The Poor Must Get Scre...
- Daily Kos: Shameless. Absolutely Shameless.
- SISMI Was Gooey With Yello Cake
- SCOTUS as political institution?
- Californians Consider Abortion Limits - New York T...
- Can DeLay Get A Fair Trial?
- At Least Nero Played The Fiddle
- DeLay Asked Lobbyist to Raise Money Through Charit...
- Europe Looking Into Report of C.I.A. Jails - New Y...
- The Smell Of Another "Axis Of Evil"
- Hooray For OH
- Salon.com News | Abramoff-Scanlon School of Sleaze...
- Well, Oh Yeah!?
- Iraq Asks Return of Some Officers of Hussein Army ...
- Another Money-Laundering Scheme -- this time for B...
- The Blog | Lawrence O'Donnell: The One Very Good R...
- CBS News | Poll: More Bad News For Bush | November...
- CBS News | Bush's Job Approval Hits New Low | Nove...
- Not Guilty By Reason Of Cronyism
- DeLay's Staff Tried To Help Abramoff
- Debate rages on use of cervical cancer vaccine / W...
- The Real Power Behind The Throne?
- Flash: Lobbyists Sometimes Lying Crooks
- Any Questions?
- Sure Looks Like It
- America, The Torturer
- Martial Law, Anyone?
- Another War, Anyone?
- Finally, Outrage For A Cause
- AlterNet: Blogs: Rachel Neumann: Want to talk ugly...
- In Case You Were Keeping Score
- Methodist Court Removes Openly Lesbian Minister - ...
- Protect Who?
- And Now For Something Completely Indifferent
- Here We Go Again
- ▼ 10/30 - 11/06 (45)
- ► 2003 (7)